INVITE to FEMINIST FUSION | MEMORIA 2020 - VISUAL ART EXHIBITION LAUNCH
SATURDAY 8th MAY, 7pm ONLINE EVENT - Facebook Live Streaming + Zoom
The MEMORIA project has arrived at its final steps, which includes this visual art exhibition made by women, followed by a theatre play made by young people in early July. After a public call-out four female local artists have been selected for the MEMORIA 2020 Exhibition. Each artist is creating work in response to this project and the Mayflower’s 400th centenary, working on pieces over a period of two weeks, with regular interaction, exploring history, intersectionality, colonialism and the ongoing effects in our own time.
We will continue exploring new ways of thinking and walking together, considering how we are going to move forward as a local and global community, accompanied by the vision of these wonderful women artists. Join us!
In this session:
- Welcome to MEMORIA
- Introduction to the exhibition
- Artwork Showcase
- Meet the artists and their creative process - indivdual presentations:
- LORNA MCTAVISH COULSON - Lorna has dedicated much of her work to learning from and connecting to First Nations. She is a drum maker whose creative work is about women’s empowerment. Page: https://www.beingyou.me/
- STEVIE-LEIGH SMITH - Stevie creates earth inspired jewellery using recycled materials. She is interested in creating work inspired by the First Nations’ viewpoint. Page: https://botanicalboheme.com/
- ROUND-TABLE - conversation with the artists, including Q&A from the public
Feminist Fusion is a community/social arts project in support of women's arts and a public dialogue on social justice. MEMORIA 2020 is a sub-project of Feminist Fusion to "recover our historical memory” about the colonisation process triggered by the Mayflower ship. More: https://feminist-fusion.weebly.com/
What are you doing Valentines day??? click here for the main site :- http://www.onebillionrising.org/?p=13051 Come to a workshop to drum your heart out! Celebrate women worldwide Call for change for women who are not free Celebrate the women in your world Men who want to support us are so welcome HAND DRUMS PROVIDED Quaker House Mutley Plain Plymouth 2pm till 4 30 or 5 £ 10 on the door Fundraiser for survivors of abuse in the Indian Residential School Survivors Society in Vancouver https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celebrate-your-heartbeat/244191972310941 Facebook:- Celebrate your heartbeat for info or to let us know you are coming